Dalgona… what? It wasn’t until my friends started jumping on this easy, viral TikTok whipped coffee trend that I figured I should go ahead and give it a try. Essentially this is just instant coffee and sugar whipped aggressively until is becomes super smooth and fluffy then scooped over your favorite milk, which in my case is ice-cold Silk soy milk. Honestly, a great arm workout.
Vegan Dalgona Whipped Iced Coffee Recipe
Ingredients (1 Drink)
- 2 tbsp instant coffee (don’t use instant espresso or regular ground coffee, it will not work or be way too strong)
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp boiling water
- Plant-based milk, I used Silk soy milk
1. Combine the instant coffee and sugar in a bowl, then add hot water.
2. Whisk vigorously until it turns fluffy and golden brown, or use an electric mixer. If you do it by hand like me, it will take at least five minutes.
3. Add the ice and milk to you glass, then spoon on the whipped coffee on top. It’s picturesque like this, but it tastes much better once it’s well stirred. Enjoy!